Do you guys spend your entire fall watching football everyday too? Okay, maybe it’s not EVERY day…but do you ever feel that way? No, just me? Maybe you don’t even like football and you’re trying to figure out where I’m going with this. That’s okay too, you’ll still enjoy these treats, I promise! Footballs optional.
Well, in our family, we play fantasy football. All 3 of us sisters, our husbands, our dad, our aunt & our uncles. We have a family league and it might just be one of our favorite things. There’s nothing like friendly competition between family members! It makes winning taste that much sweeter.
And there’s nothing like watching football games WITH the people you’re competing against. Seriously, it makes watching football so much more personal. You are invested in every game – because most likely one of you has players in the game. And believe you me, there is plenty of razzing happening – why else would we want to watch it together? 😉
It also does weird things to you, like make you enjoy watching a team you hate. But that’s another story for another day. I’m looking at you Raiders.
Moving on…one of the other perks of football season: lots of yummy snacks. Last Sunday we decided to make some chocolate covered Oreo balls, and turn them into footballs. Brilliant! Themed chocolate. That’s my love language. You think I’m kidding.
These footballs are delicious and literally take like ten minutes. Perfect for getting back to watching your team score touchdowns!
They don’t have to be perfect, they just have to taste good. At least that’s our motto!
The perfect football season treat
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 69
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrates 14g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 10 Oreos
- 4 oz cream cheese - softened
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1-2 T powdered sugar
- Wax paper
- Blend oreos & cream cheese together in a food processor.
- Ball into football shape with your hands.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Roll football in melted chocolate until covered.
- Place on wax paper to harden.
- Mix powdered sugar with very small amount of water for a thick consistency & use a toothpick to make laces on footballs.
Please follow and like us: