Happy Halloween Friends!
What’re your plans this weekend? Costume party? Trick-or-treating with the kiddos? Or are you like me, and use the excuse “I want to see all the cute kids dressed up” to stay home and answer the door? 😉 Don’t tell my husband that it’s just because I’m lazy…although he probably already knows. Dang.
No matter what you do to celebrate we’re all doing a little candy binging, amiright?
I think we’ll be carving pumpkins tonight. I’m not gonna lie…it’s an activity that I’m okay with only doing once a year. Something about the slime, the smell & the mess. It’s just not my favorite. Please tell me I’m not alone.
But, back to the reason for this post! Jaclyn made this cake for our family birthday party this month and it is the perfect Halloween treat! We just had to share!
This is a really simple cake to make, we promise you can handle it! It’s even easier if you have some frosting tips, like the ones in this Cake Decorating Set. But you can always go the plastic bag route too.
Enjoy your sugar coma tonight & let us know if you make the cake!!
- 2 Devil's chocolate cake boxes & all ingredients on box
- 3 Oreo cookies
- Orange food coloring
- Black food coloring
- 6 mini marshmallows
- Black licorice laces
- 1 can of frosting - or your favorite homemade frosting recipe
- Spray 2 - 8" circle cake pans
- Follow the instructions on the cake boxes to make & bake cakes.
- Once cooled-stack on top of each other.
- Frost cake with orange frosting
- Pipe black frosting into a web
- Add Oreos for the spiders & decorate with more black frosting
- Use mini marshmallows for spider eyes
- Use black licorice laces for spider legs
This post contains affiliate links